Admissions - Reception to Year 6

 All admissions for Reception to Year 6 are managed by Manchester City Council. 

Even if you have a nursery place for your child within St Mary's, you will still need to apply for a Reception place. Please go to Manchester City council's school admissions webpage to find out how you can apply for a school place for your child.


In year admissions are requests for a school place in any year group that are made outside the normal timescales, that is, after the beginning of the autumn term. If your child currently attends another school within the UK, you will need a transfer form  that you must fill out and then have the headteacher from your child's current school sign.


For anymore queries you can call school admissions on 0161 245 7166

Nursery Admissions

If you would like your child to attend our nursery you can print off a form and fill it out and hand it in to the school office or call the school office on 0161 226 1773. There is a waiting list for new year admissions and in-year admissions. We will need your child's details, your contact details and a copy of your child's birth certificate.


Offer letters are sent out in April for the new academic year in September



Links to Secondary Schools